My stamping adventures

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Time coaster

Here is one of those uncoated 4" tiles from Loew's home improvement stores.  They are inexpensive so you can just play around with them using paints, inks or whatever.  For this one I painted it with white gesso and let it dry.  Next I stamped clock and saying from Tim Holtz collection by Stampers Anonymous (not affiliated) with Ranger Ink (not affiliated) Archival Ink Jet Black.  Archival ink dries in a minute.  After that I stamped the wild flower (that's what I call it) with Archival Ink Mustard all over the tile then spritzed it with gold Perfect Pearls homemade spray.  I'm looking forward to the new Perfect Pearls mist to come out on the market.  Can't really see the gold specs in picture but in real life you can.  Also spray the two corners with Adirondack color wash Butterscotch just to add some extra color.  Take it outside and spray with Krylon clear gloss finish after that dries pour on some Diamond Glaze and spread it all over the tile to finish it off.  Glue felt to back and you are done.  enjoy!

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, this is fabulous! And some of my favorite colors!!!

Nancy said...

Ooooh, I like this!! Love the colors, composition - and the use of inexpensive tiles as your base. I'm going to have to get some of the tiles - what great gifts these would make!

Kathy said...

Really nice. Great use of color. I would love to try these. Thanks for sharing this idea!

KAT said...

Beautiful coaster - thanks for sharing all the details!!!

Thryth said...

Really nice looking coasters. Love the colors and the stamps you used. Everything really pops. A set of 4 of these would make an amazing gift. Thanks for the inspiration.

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous coaster. Love the golden colour and the layering.

stamping sue said...

I'm so glad to see comments that you all like the coaster I did. Come back on Thursday to see another one but it is done a little different. Uses all paints instead of ink pads. stamping sue

PCStamper said...

Beautiful coaster. What did you use to spread the Diamond Glaze? I've used Krylon triple coat, but never the Diamond Glaze.

Unknown said...

I have been so wanting to try this. It is very beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing. I think I will run out and get some tile!

stamping sue said...

To answer Petti's question I just use my finger to spread the diamond glaze on the tiles. It's good to see all the comments. I always feel I'm just getting lost out in cyber space.
stamping sue

Anonymous said...

Sue...I love the composition and design of the elements on this piece. Beautiful.

Andrea R