Faux Grid card
by Sue Wisniewski
Tea Pot & small design element – Chinese ATC EZMount stamp set (SI)
Thank You – Greetings 1 ATC EZMount stamp set (SI)
Ranger Adirondack Red Pepper dye ink pad
StazOn Jet Black solvent ink pad (SI)
Sharpie fine point permanent marker
Foam sponge Pouncers (craft store)
3M double stick tape & foam mounting tape
ruler & pencil
1. On a piece of 5” x 4” white cardstock lightly mark 1” increments with a ruler & pencil on both ends of card.
2. Stamp tea pot with Adirondack Red Pepper ink pad three times on white card with pencil marks.
3. Stamp small design element randomly around card with same Red Pepper ink.
4. With a ruler & Sharpie fine point marker draw in the 1” lines all around the stamped card. Do not make lines through images.
5. Mask off selected boxes with Post-It notes and sponge in Adirondack Red Pepper ink with foam pouncers. Remove masks (post-it notes) to reveal the colored boxes.
6. Layer stamped card on a piece of black (5 1/8” x 4 1/8”) cardstock with double stick tape and layer this onto red note (5 ½” x 4 ¼” folded) card.
7. Stamp Thank You with Staz-On black ink onto a white (1 7/8” x 2 1/8”) card.
8. Layer Thank you onto black (2 ¼” x 2 3/8”) card.
9. Mount finished Thank you card onto note card with foam mounting tape.
Create different looking cards with the same Faux Grid technique by changing the size of the boxes to ½” increments.