May 2009 project #4
by Sue Wisniewski
Jungle ATC EZMount Stamp set – Sunday International
3M double stick tape
Aluminum Foil sticky back tape – (Home Depot)
Gold metallic thread
Cuttlebug Mosaic embossing folder
Ranger alcohol ink applicator with felt
Adirondack Meadow ink pad
Ranger Alcohol inks – stream, butterscotch & eggplant
Ranger Alcohol Blending solution
1. Tape Aluminum Foil sticky back tape to a piece of 4 x 5 1/4” cardstock. Any color will work because you will not see cardstock.
2. Color the Aluminum Foil tape with Ranger alcohol inks using the applicator with a piece of felt attached to it. Squirt a couple of drops of each color of alcohol inks onto the applicator. Tap applicator all over the Aluminum Foil tape. When you have desired amount of ink on tape blend the colors with a little bit of blending solution on the same applicator. This is called Polish Stone technique.
3. Place colored silver card in Cuttlebug mosaic embossing folder and run it through machine to form the dry embossed mosaic look.
4. Tape alcohol colored piece to white note card with double stick tape.
5. Stamp Giraffe with Adirondack Meadow ink onto white 2 x 3 1/2” cardstock.
6. Layer Giraffe onto dark green cardstock approximately 1/8” larger.
7. Wrap a piece of gold metallic thread around Giraffe and tie into a knot.
8. Layer Giraffe piece onto bright green cardstock approximately 1/8” larger with double stick tape.
9. Tape the finished Giraffe piece to base card with colored embossed piece with double stick tape.