My stamping adventures

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Repeat stamping

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

This technique of repeat stamping is easy and fun in years past I called this collage stamping... plus you can make a bunch of backgrounds to cut up and make cards later.  you can see some of my collage stamping here, more collage stamping, post including a video, latest collage stamping postcards. 

simplicity card:
1.  masked off section and blended some color.  remove mask or in this case a couple pieces of blue painter's tape to reveal the inked section.  I've done this in years past and called it Faux layers.  you can see here, and faux layers re-visited.
2.  stamp images over the inked faux layer with a darker brown ink.
3.  add baker's twine and Nuvo drops for accents.  layer onto brown layer then white note card.

happy birthday card:
1.  created two different backgrounds then cut up to layer on card.
2.  one background stamped bamboo with dark brown ink first then over stamped with kraft ink.  cut a strip off background for this card.
3.  second background stamped bamboo on an angle with dark brown ink on white card then over stamped with leaf stem in kraft ink.  cut out a small rectangle and layer over bamboo strip.
4.  on the base brown note card I stamped the leaf stem with kraft ink for a tone on tone kinda of effect.

I was in a brown mood ... not sure what that means except that my brown inks happen to be handy when I decided to make these backgrounds.  hope you like them.
thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

No comments: