My stamping adventures

Saturday, May 27, 2023

White Swan Echinacea cone flower

 White Swan Echinacea cone flower

stamps used: Altenew white swan echinacea stamp set

This a beautiful paint-a-flower stamp set, which just means there are no dies for this stamp set.  The white swan echinacea is a cone flower.

basic instructions for tags:

First I die cut a small scallop rectangle out of kraft cardstock.  Colored in the flowers with prisma color pencils.  I do like how color pencils pop on kraft cardstock, and color pencils are my choice of mediums for coloring.  I adhered the kraft card to a die cut banner, that was cut out of black cardstock.


basic instruction for cards:

Again I cut out small scallop rectangle, but with white cardstock this time.  I colored the flowers with Altenew watercolor set.  Now my favorite coloring medium but, I'm trying to expand my coloring mediums.  Layered the colored flower card onto a bright orange card, then onto a 4" x 5 1/4" die cut scallop card, that I adhered a background piece.  The background piece is the shaving cream technique, that you can see in this post from 2016, or more recently in this post.  Oh, yes in both the links you can see an old video I made showing the shaving cream technique in action.  You can also visit my you tube channel to see it, and more.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.


No comments: