My stamping adventures

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Painted jellyfish

 Painted Jellyfish

stamp/dies used:  Altenew Painted jellyfish stamp/die set

I fell in love with jellyfish, when I visited the Mystic Aquarium a couple of years ago.

basic instructions:

For the jellyfish I used Catherine Pooler inks, which lately are my inks of choice.  This stamp set is a three step stamping technique.  I made a bunch of the jellyfish, so I now have a stash of them for future cards.  The jellyfish were mounted onto a die cut oval, then adhered to a herringbone background card.  The herringbone technique can be seen here in a page from my background sketchbook, which I started years ago.  If you click on the page in the post you will see I first did the herringbone technique back in 2010.  Here is a more recent post showing the herringbone technique.  If you would like to check out more just type herringbone in the search bar.  

Below are a couple more card samples with the painted jellyfish.


Above card has a strip of shaving cream background, which you can get more information on this post if you are interested.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.

No comments: