My stamping adventures

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Hibiscus celebrate floating frame cards

stamps used:  Altenew stamp co.

Here are some more floating frame cards.  This technique is addictive and it also gives you 2 for 1 cards another words you get a second card out of the left-over piece that is die cut.
Three of these cards are birthday cards with a happy birthday also stamped inside the card.  The first card shown in picture is what I call a note card with the inside blank and a general thinking of you saying on the front of the card.  In this case the saying is a kindness phrase.  If you look at the card on the bottom right of the picture you will see I used an embossing folder for some texture to that card.  You can see more of my floating image cards here and here. 

Basic instructions:
I began by stamping and die-cutting  images from Altenew  Build-A-Flower Hibiscus stamp set.  I arranged them close together on a piece of 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" cardstock. They are not adhered to the cardstock - just laying freely on top of it. Next, carefully lay a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal (available at most grocery stores) over the images to hold them in place. Trim the edges even with the edge of the cardstock. I used a  circle and an oval die to cut out the center. Now it's time to remove the cardstock piece. The Press 'n Seal stays adhered to the die-cuts, you are only removing the cardstock backing. With the die cuts still held in place by the Press 'n Seal add foam mounting tape to the back of all the die cut images. This will make the die-cuts "float" on the finished card. Here's my frame attached to the card front using foam mounting tape.  After you have the frame stuck down, it's time to carefully pull off the Press 'n Seal.  Next I stamped a saying in the center of the frames.
I saw this technique at Jennifer McGuire Ink blog.

Thank you for stopping by.  Please come back soon and leave a comment to let me know what you think or a link for me to see your cards.


2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Gorgeous. I love these cards.

stamping sue said...

Thank you Petti. I do like this technique, too.