My stamping adventures

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Twist on resist

A twist on resist technique.

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. smak stamp set Truest Life Sept. 2017 and ...every single day sentiment set June 2018

Hard to see in photo but I stamped the big butterfly randomly over the card then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  Next step I over stamped it with the swirl with Catherine Pooler (new to me) dye ink pads.  These ink pads are very juicy so before adding sentiment or layering this piece I needed to allow it to dry ..... but ..... since I'm impatient I heated it a bit with my heat tool.  All was good so layered onto black card then onto a white note card.
I did this technique at a crop recently for a MITI ... I've done the resist technique where you do the embossing then stipple color over it but don't think I just stamped over it so, it was fun to do a new twist on an old technique.
thank you for stopping by.  come back again soon.

No comments: