My stamping adventures

Friday, February 8, 2019

Resisting

An old technique with a twist.

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. smak kit Truest Life (sept. 2017), thinking of you from Sentiment kit ...every single day (june 2018)

First I stamped the big butterfly randomly on white card then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Now the next step was an accident ... you see all I wanted to do was over stamp the filmstrip and swirl with dye ink BUT I used some new (to me) Catherine Pooler ink pads.....which were very juicy.  So in turn when I tried to wipe the dye ink off the embossed butterflies it smeared on my card so I went with it!  What I mean to say is I took the baby wipe I was using to wipe off the embossed images and "smeared" it all over the card and got this lightly blended out color.  So there you have it sometimes in stamping there are happy accidents.  The one saying, "see beauty" was a big one so I cut it up and adhered it to my card.  See here for how it was supposed to look.
thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.

No comments: