My stamping adventures

Friday, July 12, 2024

Calming Koi

Calming Koi 

I've moved on (for right now) from Jelly fish to Koi fish.

stamps/dies used:  Altenew Calming Koi stamp/die set
These koi fish are a die set with a small complimentary stamp set.  The small Koi stamp set has spots for the fish, and several little sayings.  Background pieces on both cards is done with waxed paper.  Basically what you do is scrunch up a piece of wax paper, dab it on an ink pad then tap, tap, tap on a white card.  I used 3 colors for my background ... a couple of orange, and one pink.

Card #1
For card #1 I cut the background into a rectangle, adhered it to the front of an A2 (5 1/2" x 4 1/4") card.  Added a couple strips of pink cardstock to the top, and bottom of the background piece.  Glued the koi fish onto the background piece.  Stamped the saying above the background piece.  Added some tea party enamel dots to finish off the card.
Card #2
For card #2 I embossed a white panel with one of my favorite Altenew embossing folders called Organic Linen.  This folder goes with everything. I die cut a circle from salmon color cardstock, and die cut a circle out of the wax paper scrunch background.  Both circles were adhered to the right side of the embossed linen card, and cut off just a small end.  The embossed card is adhered to a salmon color A2 card.  Add the koi fish around the circle dies.  Next stamp, cut out the saying, and adhere to card. 

Altenew challenge.
I am entering this card into Altenew challenge here.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back soon.
***not affiliated with above company just happy customer***






No comments: