My stamping adventures

Friday, May 31, 2024

Balloons on the Diagonal

 Balloons on the Diagonal

This card idea is called Diagonal split cards.  No matter the name it's a fun and creative card.

For this particular card I used all stamps, and supplies from Unity stamp company.

basic instructions:

base card: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" (folded makes A2 card)

layer: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

color cardstock strips: approx. 1" x 6" need two

I'm not much for measuring so I just put card in trimmer, and cut on a diagonal leaving room at the top, and bottom from the corners. The leftover card from the center is not needed for the assembly of the card.  Keep track of which is the top diagonal piece, and which is the bottom piece.  I used Unity balloon and stamp bundle for this card, so the middle layer is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card, that I did the stamp/stencil on.  As you can see in the photo the diagonal pieces with thin strip of colored card are layered over the stamped stencil card.  That piece is layered on black die cut small scallop card.  I stamped the big sayings from the same bundle.  I stamped a second stenciled card, so I could fussy cut out balloons to pop up on card.  I also colored white bakers twine with ink for balloon strings.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back soon.

***not affiliated with company just happy customer***


No comments: