My stamping adventures

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Platform front flap cards

 Platform front flap cards

This is a top fold fun fold card, or at least that is what I like to call it.

stamps used:  SU milkshake stamp bundle

I know I say this all the time, but I'll say it again ... this style card is fun to create!  I say that all the time about fun folds but they are!

Measurements:

base: 11" x 4 1/4"  score at 5 1/2" to make top folded card

cut 1 1/2" from the bottom of the card.

cut 7" from the top of card.

layer: 2 3/8" x 4"

white layer: 2 1/4" x 3 3/4"

The above measurements can be adjusted to make the stamped layer bigger or smaller if you wish.

First I adhere all the pattern paper layers to the cut layers. Next I put a very small piece of repositionable tape on the bottom of the inside of the card.  I lightly place the cut off layer of the card to the inside of the card.  This will hold it in place, while I tape the stamped layer to the top of the outside of the card.  To do this only put adhesive on the top backside edge of the stamped layer.  Then put adhesive on the bottom back of the stamped image, and adhere it to the bottom cut out layer that is on the bottom of the card. Pull the card open, and remove the repositionable tape from the inside of the card.


If you look at the pictures you can see the layers, and the platform style.  It is one of those cards that after you make one you go ... Ah ha!  I get it now.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.


No comments: