My stamping adventures

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Mixed Media Morsels Altered Playing cards/Tea dyeing papers

 Mixed Media Morsels Altered Playing cards/Tea dyeing papers

I belong to this group on facebook where we are doing altered playing cards ... mixed media style.  It's a year challenge where the hostess gives us prompts for the card.  Also we were challenged to create a book to hold our cards.  Here is Cat Hand you tube channel if you would like to check it out.

For my book I created a book with folded pockets, and 3 hole pamphlet stitch signature.

I decided to print out my prompts, so it would look more professional ... and ... neater.  For this first card I went a little crazy, and used all the prompts.  Can you pick them all out?  I used some of my tea dyed papers.  
Tea dying is easy just brew some tea bags in a shallow pan with boiling water, and about a 1/2 tsp of baking soda. 


 Place papers in solution, and let them soak anywhere from 45 minutes to a couple of hours.  The above paper were soaked for about an hour.

Didn't have enough room on table to lay out all the papers/tags so I hung them up on clothesline down the cellar.  Where there is a will there is a way!

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments: