My stamping adventures

Thursday, March 18, 2021

GIU day 4 - Masking tape stripes

 Masking tape stripes

It's Thursday and my week of guest blogging for Growing In Unity gal week is almost over. I am enjoying showing off all my Unity stamps, and hopefully inspiring you to try one of the background techniques I have shown you.  

Today's technique is using ordinary masking tape and your ink pads!  You will be getting inky with this background technique.

                                                            all images by Unity stamp co.

basic instructions:

1.  rip off a piece of masking tape and press it into an ink pad.  I used dye ink pads ... any brand should work.

2.  press the inked tape onto cardstock, then gently pull the tape off cardstock.

3.  repeat step #2 till you have as many stripes as you like on your card.

4.  stamp image directly over stripes with any black ink of choice.

Tip:  #1. I used white cardstock but it is fun to do this technique on other colors of cardstock ... I would suggest light color cardstocks. 

Tip:  #2.  add extra color with color pencils to image if desired.

You can see more masking tape stripes technique here from the past that I have done.  

Thank you for stopping by and come back tomorrow for another technique.  Also don't forget to comment (with an email to be contacted) to be included in the drawing for a $20 gift certificate from Unity stamp co.



10 comments:

Karren Grayson said...

I like this, I have never tried it but I will. I like the coverage that you got form the masking tape. Thanks.

Denise S. said...

Very interesting technique and one I haven't tried. Thanks for the inspiration.

Becca Yahrling said...

What a fun technique this is and I have to try it. Love your cards, especially the darling owl. He's such a cutie!

Kathy H said...

Wonderful idea!

Wilma DeG said...

I've not heard of this technique before... will try to to get some of these cool backgrounds.

Kathy Dippner said...

Interesting technique and it creates a unique background. Will have to try this one.

Rachel Duong said...

Very beautiful, I love the see-through layers! Awesome!

Cindy Holmes said...

Your cards are just so adorable! I especially love the baby zebra one!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Awesome cards with a great technique!!

Linda said...

Such a simple idea that I never thought of! Thanks for sharing!