My stamping adventures

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

GIU day 3 - Acrylic block stamping with video

 Acrylic block stamping

                                                           stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

For my third GIU day I decided to bring back an oldie but goodie background technique called Acrylic block stamping.  It's easy, fun and addictive! You can see more of my post on acrylic block stamping with a video here, here, and here.   There is a video at the end of this post.

basic instructions:

                                                        acrylic block stamping samples

1.  scribble water base marker or press ink pad onto any size acrylic block.

2.  spritz inked block with water and press onto cardstock.  hold it down for few seconds then lift straight up and off cardstock. allow to dry.

watch my video here in this post or at my you tube channel


Thanks for stopping by.  come back tomorrow to see more.  don't forget to comment (with an email to be contacted) so you are included in the drawing for Unity $20 gift certificate.




11 comments:

Vivian Swain said...

Wow. I like this technique.

Wilma DeG said...

What a cool way to make backgrounds!

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful! I haven't done this technique but will give it a try.

Linda said...

Great throwback to get back to our roots! Love these!!

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

Great ideas. Love your cards. Love this technique! Thanks for the inspiration!

Maridel said...

I love this! Thank you for this “new to me” inspiration!

Denise S. said...

The old techniques can still be the best. You made some very striking cards with those backgrounds.

Becca Yahrling said...

I think I tried this technique once, but wasn't happy with my result. May have just been the wrong color combo. I'll have to try it again after seeing all your pretty examples.

Kathy H said...

I've seen this technique before and I love it but have not tried it. All your cards turned out wonderful

Cindy Holmes said...

Love the color combinations! Again you have created some gorgeous looking cards!

Vannessa Osbourn said...

Great technique to bring back! Love your cards!