My stamping adventures

Friday, July 17, 2020

Moon swap - May: flowers and June: strawberry

MOON SWAP

May is Flower Moon

June is Strawberry Moon

Some friends and I decided in order to keep up with each other and to be able to create together that ..... we would do a Moon swap to send to each other.  Normally we get together for lunch or just to chat but with our times right now that isn't possible, so we are staying together with our art.
Above are my interpretations of the moon themes for the months of May and June.  

May is the flower moon. 
I stamped a bunch of flowers but first I made a reverse circle mask to blend some color.  Next I stamped the flower image, then punched out the circle.  Actually I punched out a smaller circle and layered it onto a light blue note card. 

June is the Strawberry moon.
I hadn't made any faux postage in years so why not make some faux strawberry postage!  I cut out the faux postages with decorative scissors ..... another tool in my stash I haven't used in years!  fun to bring back old techniques and old tools!!!  Anyway, I adhered the faux postage to a tag that I did a little stamping on and blending color along the edges.
Check out more of my faux postage here, here, and in this post. 

Come back later in the month to see another Moon creation.
Thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.

No comments: