My stamping adventures

Monday, May 11, 2020

tic tac toe!

stamps used:  Stampin' Up and Unity stamp co.

I called these cards tic tac toe because they were made from a tic tac toe style game.
 For my Hello card I used rhinestones, spring, butterflies.  For the so glad card I used ribbon, spring and flowers.  

                  The technique I did for my cards is something I like to call "faux layer."  Very easy to do .... basically you mask off a section, then blend in some colors.  Next, stamp the images over the faux layer.  I've been doing this for years ... it easy and fun.  Look here for faux layers and grid technique, check out this post with faux layer and bingo, this post is way back in 2012, yet, another post from 2012 guess this must of been the year I learned this technique.  But as you can see in this post from 2019 I'm still doing this technique which brings us up to the present.  There are a few more posts with the faux layers technique ... if you type faux layers in search box it will bring up all the posts.
Did this with my local card swapping group.  We usually meet in person but right now we are doing it through the computer so we all can be healthy and safe in these trying times.

thanks for stopping by and please come back soon.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies, just a customer.*** 

No comments: