My stamping adventures

Sunday, December 22, 2019

mini memory books

stamps used:  Unity stamp co. cuddle bug
supplies used:  gingerbread man die, mini envelopes, SU tag punch, pattern papers

I found this idea on Maymay Made It blog on this post.  She used papers from 6 x 6 paper pads which she just folded in half and that is how these little mini memory books of mine started out.  Folding the 6 x 6 papers in half make for a small 3" long mini book so I decided to play around with the size of the papers.  My mini memory books end up measuring 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" which is the size of a folded A2 card so ..... I'm sure you can figure out that I started with papers that are 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" then folded in half.  Needless to say if you do it with my measurements you need to use 12 x 12 pattern papers.  After you have all the 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" papers folded in half then all you need to do is glue them together to form the mini memory book.  For mine I glued together 5 or 7 pages, yes, I like odd numbers but you can use as many pages as you like to make your books.  Then it is just a matter of adding tags, mini envelopes or even pockets to your books to finish them.  After they are all decorated you can add photos and do some journaling inside them to make them your own.

No comments: