My stamping adventures

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Butterfly shakers with video

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

Sometimes it is fun to bring back the old and this is one of those things.   Shaker card! You can see in the picture above the front and inside of the card.  Front of the card is what I call collage stamping but the inside is a fun motion stamping.  Motion stamping is easy, you stamp the image once, then without re-inking just stamp second, and third generation to get the feel of motion!
I learned  this type of card too many years ago to remember, in fact, I think it was one of the first movable style of cards I did learn way back when.  Now it is a lot easier to make with all the dies for cutting out the windows instead of those horrible craft knives .... I cut myself all the time with them.  Plus back then we used to make shakers out of foam core boards which were a pain to cut through.  Now we use cardstock with foam mounting tape or even kids' foam sheets.
Below is a video with tips on how to make a shaker card.


go to  my you-tube channel to see more of my videos and please give them a thumbs up if you like them.  Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.  Let me know in the comments if you go to my you-tube channel and any ideas of other videos you would like to see.

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

I love shaker cards. You're right, they're so much easier to do now. The motion stamping looks great, too. I had forgotten about that.

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, yes, they are. I know it's fun to do something we haven't done in a while to remember how much we liked it.