My stamping adventures

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Stripes!

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

To start out I want to tell you we lost cable last night for over 4 hours!  Now, I tell you, what is a girl supposed to do without T.V. and computer for that length of time?/?/?
STAMP! STAMP! STAMP!
The only problem for me was the time ... 7:44 p.m. to sometime around Midnight!  and I don't normally stamp at that time for a couple of reasons ..... 1.  it's night and I'm usually relaxing on the couch.  2.  the lighting in our house isn't very good even with my Ott light ..... but I muddled through.  Good thing is we only lost cable so still had electric but no phone because that is also cable.  Enough of my whining and on to the stamping.

I went into my big bag of scraps and decided to use some of them so that is why the color scheme.  Didn't want to cut into full sheets of cardstock when I have so many scraps.  You know what I'm talking about ... admit it .... you, too save all the bits and pieces of cardstock left over from your cards and projects.

Basic instructions:
1.  Place white cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") and stamp in stamp platform.   I have TH stamp platform but Misti will work, too.
2.  Stamp image with black ink.  I stamped my image off the edge of left side of card.
3.  Leave stamped card and image in stamp platform.
4.  Off to the side cut different size of colored cardstocks.
5.  Adhere color strips to a scrap piece of light weight paper.
6.  Place the color strips over the stamped image in platform.  I held it in place with one of the magnets.
7.  Stamp with VersaMark ink over color strips.  Since it is in platform you can stamp a couple of times to make sure it is stamped well.
8.  Adhere color strips to card.  card on the left I used my ATG and the card on the right I mounted with foam tape.  Personally I prefer ATG adhered card.
9.  Stamp and emboss the saying in white onto black cardstock then adhere to card.

What do you think?  fun way to use up scraps?  I created four cards with this technique but I have lots of scraps so maybe there will be more stripes in my future.  Tell me in the comment section if you like this technique and will try it.
Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

3 comments:

PCStamper said...

I lost power, too. But I just read a book instead of being productive the way you were. These cards are clever. I have zillions of scraps like that. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

stamping sue said...

crazy how everyone lost power that night. when you do try stripes technique please show me.

Maria said...

Nice Sue! I was wondering how you did this technique. Thanks for sharing.