My stamping adventures

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Stencil over stencil

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.
stencils used:  dylusion and crafter's workshop

This is a fun way to stretch your stencils in another way!  
What I did was place the criss-cross on the cardstock then sponged in four colors.  I did this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to write down the colors.  Believe it or not I actually cleaned my little table and put everything away but the colors don't matter just the idea of the technique.  So back to the technique ... sponge color through the criss-cross design stencil, remove the stencil then place the second flower stencil over the the color card on one side and sponge part of the stencil with a black ink....remove stencil and reveal the fun!  Next I stamped a saying to finish off the piece.  I plan to pull out more stencils and do this again and again!  Can't you see all the possibilities!!!  
Hope you like this idea and try it out.  I've done this in my art journal, too.   I have no idea what to call this technique so for now I'll call it - Stencil over stencil until someone else can think of a better name.  If you have a good idea for a name for this technique write in the comments!
thanks for stopping by and come back soon.

No comments: