My stamping adventures

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Fun seagulls

Fun seagulls

stamps/dies used: Waffle Flower seagulls stamp/die set

I saw these sample cards on the Waffle Flower site, but I don't have all the same products ... so my cards turned out a little different.  But that is a good thing.  For example I don't have their "wave" dies, so I just cut out copy paper to have "waves".  Blended on a couple of blue inks for water.  I have no idea how they made the seafoam, so I did it my way.  First I added clear embossing ink with a cosmetic sponge, sprinkled on white embossing powder.  Heat set it.  The seafoam was too solid looking for me.  For the other rows of seafoam I added clear embossing ink with a crumbled up piece of paper towel, sprinkled on white embossing powder ... and I liked that!  For the saying I blocked off part of it with scotch tape, inked up the image, remove the scotch tape, and stamped it.  Sometimes it is just fun to change things up a little.  I added black self sticking gems for eys.

Again I saw sample cards on Waffle flower site and recreated them my way. 
card #1 
I used Altenew stamp co. water builder stencil.  What a fun stencil...you will be seeing more with this stencil soon.  I ripped kraft cardstock for the sand, and blended some brown inks around the edges of this piece.  Used the speckled stamp from seagull set for sand on the kraft cardstock.  For the saying I blocked off birthday with scotch tape, inked the image with black ink, remove the scotch tape, then stamped it.  Layered everything onto a kraft A2 size card.
card #2
This card came out almost exactly as the one I saw on the website.  I just added some white gel pen accents to the beaks, and eyes.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back soon.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies just happy customer***




 

No comments: