My stamping adventures

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Spotlighted Holli

 Spotlighted Holli

Normally when I do spotlight technique I punch out circles, but this time I decided to just cut strips.  I think it is just as dramatic.
See more on spotlight technique here in this post.  If you type in spotlight in the search bar you can see more all the back to 2013.
Basic instructions:
1. Stamp image on 3 3/4" x 5" cream layer with black ink.  Stamp same image on same size layers of red, and pink cardstock.
2.  Cut strips out of stamped red, and pink cardstock layers.
3.  Adhere red and pink strips on stamped cream layer.  Tip: keep strips in order that you cut, so you know where to place them on cream layer. Simple but dramatic ... don't you think?


4.  Adhere finished cream layer to scallop black layer, and then to cream base card.
Tip:  my strips are 1/4" and 1/2".  You can actually do any size strips that look good to you.


stamps and products used on these cards
Blank Page Muse Holli by Rick St Dennis
Rectangle scallop/stitched dies by Unity stamp co.

Use the code BPMSue for a 15% discount at Blank Page Muse or I Brake for Stamps

Thank you for stopping by.  Come back again soon.





No comments: