My stamping adventures

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Monochromatic Tulips

 Monochromatic Tulips

Saw this technique done by Unity's Whitney on a LIVE she did last week.

stamps/stencils/dies used: Unity stamp co.

For my green cards I used Catherine Pooler  wintergreen, In the Park, and Sea Glass.  I have to admit CP inks are my go to inks lately...they have actually been my favorite inks for a few years now.

All the samples I'm showing today were done with Unity stamp co. Tulip stamp/stencil bundle. 


The stencil actually fits a slimline card, but I decided to make my cards A2 size.  A2 (
4 1/4" x 5 1/2" folded card) cards are my preferred size.  


It is fun to take a light or pastel color cardstock, then color over the stencil with 3 tones of the same color.   In this case I used a kraft color cardstock with the tulip layering stencil.  The inks I used for the brown cards, if I remember correctly, are SU crumb cake, CP sand castle, and over coffee.  I really like the way the brown cards came out.


I thought you would like to see the inside of the card just for fun.  Let's see the orange inks are CP Apricot, orange twist, and Bellini. The stencil was done over a light melon color cardstock, even though it looks more salmon color here.  Trust me it is a light melon color.

This is a fun technique, and I just might make some more.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.

***not affiliated with any of the above companies just a satisfied customer***




2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Sue, these tulip cards are gorgeous!!!

stamping sue said...

Hi my friend! good to see comment from you. Thank you. My favorite color is the brown one...how about you?