My stamping adventures

Sunday, February 5, 2023

Crafters' Choice/Sweets creative card crew

 Crafters' Choice/Sweets

I'm showing 2 for 1 here in this post, because my card crew didn't meet up till February to start the new year.

January theme is Crafters' Choice so did a over to the side layer card.  At least that is what I'm calling it. It also has miter corner pattern paper layer.  I know a little confusing, but let's see if I can clarify it for you.

stamps used:  Altenew stamp co.

Over to the side layers is pretty obvious.  For the pattern paper I cut two strips about 4 1/2" long and 1"wide.  Did that just to save paper.  First I adhered a strip to the long side of the card, and cut off any over hang.  For the strip that gets adhered to the bottom of the card...I cut an angle off the edge that meets up with the strip already in place. That makes it look like a mitered corner, but it is really a faux miter.

February theme is Sweets so for this card I did an acetate card.

stamps used:  Altenew stamp co.
For this card I cut off a section of the front of the card, then adhered a piece of acetate to the front of the card. 
Hopefully you can see the acetate layer in this pic with the card open flat. To cover the adhesive I adhered a strip of gold cardstock.  Blended some color on the front of the card, and adhered the die cut cupcake overhanging the gold strip a bit.  On the inside of the card I added a piece of marbled pattern paper.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.



No comments: