My stamping adventures

Monday, June 13, 2022

Retiform birthday card

 Retiform birthday card

When I first learned how to make this card back in the year 1999 or 2000, we just called them grid cards.  A couple of years later the name was changed to Retiform. The meaning of RETIFORM is composed of crossing lines and interstices.

stamps used:  Stampin' Up Whale done

For this style card you can use any stamp images, whether they are solid or line images.  It doesn't even matter if the images don't normally go together.  

For my cards, though, all the images are from one stamp set.  No, I'm wrong the saying is from a company that has unfortunately gone out of business.  
The simplest way I can describe how to do this technique is block off section with post it notes, then sponge on color, just at the edge of the post it note.  Remove the post it note to reveal the section.  
I have a couple of old videos on this technique that you can look back on at Sue's YouTube from years ago.  I think I will do a new video on this technique soon.  Subscribe and hit the bell on my you tube channel so you get notified when I make a new video.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.





No comments: