My stamping adventures

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Bald Eagles with dots

 Bald Eagles

stamps used:  Blue Knight Bald Eagle stamp set, saying from Silhouette Corner Foliage stamp set


Happy 4th of July.  Thank you to all for your service.

I have to say I had fun making these Eagle cards because it reminded me of my father.  He loved eagles, and even had me show him how to stamp eagles on his checks.  He said if people could have printed cutesy dogs and cats ... he could have eagles!



I did an easy and unique technique I call Dots. It's just a matter of knowing when to stop adding dots all around the image, in this case the Eagles.  

basic instructions:

1.  stamp image with black ink.

2.  get out any brand of markers and start dotting colors around image.  

tip: use three or more colors of markers for dots. I preferred using the bullet end of the marker because it made nicer round dots. The brush end gave more oblong and irregular dots.

3.  when done with dots add a grey shadow line around the image.


Thank you for stopping by.  come back again soon.



No comments: