My stamping adventures

Monday, March 15, 2021

GIU day 1 - gelato background with video

 GIU (Growing in Unity) Gal week
stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

Welcome to my blog where I'm the GIU gal of the week.  This week we will be exploring old and/or improved backgrounds using Unity stamps.  At the end of the week I will be drawing two names for a $20 gift certificate each from Unity so please comment (with an email to be contacted) to be included in the drawing.  I hope you will enjoy my cards I will be showing you, and maybe a technique you see here will encourage you to create something.
Now on with the show!
The first background I will be showing you this week is using Faber Castell gelatos.  I have had these creamy crayon sticks in my stash for ages so thought it was time to bring them back to life.
gelato backgrounds

gelato backgrounds on card

basic instructions:
 ***If you continue to the end of this post there will be a video***
1. stamp image on dark cardstock with any embossing ink and heat emboss.
2. rub generously with gelato all over embossed image then buff with paper towel. (see video for more details)
3. spray with Fixative in well ventilated area or outside.  allow to dry then create your card.
watch video here or at my you tube channel

Thank you for stopping by.  come back tomorrow for more Unity ideas and don't forget to comment (with an email to be contacted) to be in the drawing.

17 comments:

Debbie Farrell said...

Your cards ar beautiful!

Denise S. said...

Great backgrounds and I love that stamp you used for the technique.

Karren Grayson said...

I loved your cards, I have gelato's but have not used them yet. Thank you for the video.

karen adams said...

Beautiful! Great idea!

Kathy Dippner said...

Beautiful cards! I don't have any gelato's but they look easy to use and I like the shimmer. mkndigger@gmail.com

Wilma DeG said...

Lovely cards! Its been a while since I've used my gelatos. I'm going to get them out and do this... thanks for the inspiration! I'm looking forward to your GIU week.

Helen said...

Very pretty! Can’t wait to see more this week!!

Linda said...

Loved the use of gelatos! I have not used mine in years so will be digging them out! Thanks for your share!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

I guess I am going to need to break out my gelatos. You have inspired me with this beautiful card. Can't wait to see all of your projects this week.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

resatwo at sbcglobal dot net

Cindy Holmes said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards! Now I am going to have to get me some supplies to try too!

stamping sue said...

Thank you all that have commented so far. I appreciate it!

Vivian Swain said...

Nice technique. I did not know about Gelato's.

Kathy H said...

Thanks for sharing. I have some gelatos which I have not used yet so thanks for giving me the ideas. jellychick@yahoo.com

The Trudio Studio said...

How fun! I don't own any gelatos, but I sure have a ton of background stamps, and would love to check out gelatos now! I loved them all, especially the dark blue one! How rich and elegant! ~Trudi Adams-Shaffer

Vannessa Osbourn said...

I always love learning new things to do with gelatos! All of these cards are lovely! Thanks for such an inspiring video!

stamping sue said...

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU WON THE DRAWING!

"please email kelli@unitystampco.com to claim your gift credit within 2 weeks". In the subject line have them put "winner from Sue's GIU week".