My stamping adventures

Friday, March 27, 2020

Platform fun fold card

stamps used:  SU Painted poppies
SU DSP painted poppies

I do like to make fun fold cards!  and this one is no exception.  I like to call this style card a platform card because the folded card is on a single layer base card.  To me it looks and feels like a platform but I'm sure there is another name out there that someone else named it...but...for me it will always be a Platform card.

Measurements:
Folded card:  8 1/2 x 3 1/2
tip:  folded card can be any size smaller than the platform.
base or platform:  4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Basically that is all you need to know, anything beyond that is just decorating the card.

Take a look here,  here, and another here.  As you can see I have been creating these style cards for a while.  The first time I remember doing this style card was way back when I was getting together with friends in New Hampshire ... we used to call our group .... Stamp Bash.  Unfortunately we stopped years ago because of life situations.  Cindy this is a shout out to you.  Do you remember this style card?????
That's it for today.  thanks for stopping by.  come back soon.  leave a comment and let me know what you think.  Tell me about a card design you have been making for years.

2 comments:

Bunny said...

I saw this type of card just this week. They called it a flap card. Either way, it's so cute. It's looks great inside and out.
[Bunny]

stamping sue said...

I knew there had to be another name out there. Did you get a chance to check out the links of older ones I did? To me platform cards are just a fun and unique card. thanks