My stamping adventures

Friday, January 25, 2019

alcohol inks

 The technique for today is using Alcohol inks which is another trend that has returned from the past.
stamp used:  Unity  Obsessed with Floral - big background stamp(main image), sayings from KOM Sept. 2017 and Hello it's me (from a grab bag)
These are all A2 note cards ... mainly because that is the size I like to make.  
Alcohol ink technique:
1.  use glossy cardstock
2.  squeeze alcohol ink onto blending tool with felt.
3.  tap/pounce all over card.  it dries almost immediately.
4.  over stamp with archival black ink or Staz-on black ink.  I have found they work best for me but try what ever you have in your stash.
That's the basic for alcohol inks.  There are a lot of other more advanced techniques out there but for today I just stayed with the basic.
Thanks for stopping by. 
***I'm going back to the old way of commenting so I hope this helps so everyone can comment on my blog.***  

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Beautiful cards, Sue. Love the way you cut circles of the background and mounted them on black. They look super. Glad you have returned to the old comment format.

stamping sue said...

Hello friend! been a long time. yes, everyone seem to be having a problem so I finally figured out how to go back to the old way. thank you for your sweet comments.