My stamping adventures

Monday, March 4, 2024

4 Corners

 4 Corners

I call this technique 4 corners.  You might know a better name ... if so please leave a comment, and let me know.

stamps/stencils used: Gina K Designs Zinnia stencil set, Penny Black Friend builder sayings, Catherine Pooler inks

This is a fun technique where you cut a full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock into 4 equal pieces. I have lots of pictures to show you today.

Here you can see the Zinnia stencil I used, and the cardstock cut into 4 pieces.
I used my Misti sticky mat to hold the 4 pieces of cardstock in place.  Next place the stencil on the center of all 4 pieces of cardstock.
Color in the stencil.  Once you separate the 4 pieces of cardstock you can see how the images is in the 4 corners ... hence my name for this technique.
Turn the cards so you have section of the cards with no image in the center.  Place the stencil again in the center of the 4 pieces of cardstock, and color.
Turn the 4 pieces of cardstock again, so there is empty section in the center.
Keep repeating the turning of the cardstocks until all sections (corners) of the cards are stenciled. 

If you click on pictures you can see that I numbered them in order of the stenciling.
When all the stenciling is done on all the corners of the cards, you can now add the extras.  I added the leaves to each card afterward. You can also see I used my favorite CP inks.
I die cut the stenciled cards to finish them.  Oh, did I tell you, with this technique you get 4 cards when you are done.
I first saw this technique on Jennifer McGuire you tube channel. It's fun, and as I mentioned you get FOUR cards when you are done!  

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back soon.



No comments: