My stamping adventures

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Modern circles

 Modern circles

This Modern circles is a stencil.  

stamps/stencil used:  Altenew Hello and Hugs stamp set, Modern circles stencil

The best thing about this stencil is you can rotate it around to match up the half circles.  

On the close up you can see where I matched up the half circles.  They don't match up totally, but leaves a space between the halves.  I do like the way it looks when matched up.  For these cards I first placed the stencil on a black card, then added gold embossing paste.  Of course, now I had to set the cards aside to dry.  I let them dry overnight, just because I went and did some laundry.  So now the next day I put the stencil back down on the card.  I thought it would be fun to add white, so again I had to let it dry before doing anything else.  Crazy, huh?  Just couldn't leave well enough alone had to do a second ink that needed to dry before continuing.  Anyway ... back to the card ... next I cut down the stenciled piece, layered onto white card just slightly bigger.  Added that piece to another black card about an 1/8" bigger.  Yes, I like layers.  Wrapped the gold sparkle ribbon around the layered piece, then added to top folding A2 card.  Stamped the hugs, and fussy cut that out before adhering to card.

Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.  Leave a comment and let me know what you think.

***not affiliated with above company...just happy customer***




No comments: