My stamping adventures

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Woodland Layers Telescoping cards

 Woodland Layers Telescoping cards

This is a Unity stamp set with a stencil.  

stamps used: Unity Woodland Layers stamp set and stencil

If I'm not mistaken this technique I used to make these two cards is called telescope cards.  If you go to Splitcoaststampers and type in the search box for telescoping cards ... here's instructions/video for telescoping image card.  

Basically, what I did was modernize the technique by using nesting dies, in this case Gina Marie wonky frames.  First I used the stencil to make the mountains then over stamp the mountains with the tree stamp along the bottom of card.  I used my favorite inks from Catherine Pooler.  I stamped the card, then got out my nesting wonky dies and die cut 4 sections.  For the card on the left I adhered the biggest frame to card layer, all the rest of the frames I mounted with mounting tape.  Each one higher than the one before.  For the card on the right, I again die cut card into 4 sections. Only difference this time, I adhered the biggest frame then mounted the third frame, adhered the second with double stick tape and the last layer with mounting tape. The day dream is an stamp on a wood block with no name but any word or saying would work for this card design.

Hope you like these cards and give them a try.

Thanks for visiting and come back again soon.


No comments: