My stamping adventures

Monday, February 21, 2022

Bell jar shaker cards

 Bell jar shaker cards

stamps used:  Gina K designs stamps/dies and Unity stamp co. stamps/dies

Shaker cards have been around for years in the stamping world.  I can't remember when I first made one ... but ... I do remember back in the day we used foam core, and kraft knives!  I had a lot of cuts from using kraft knives back then.  Now we use foam mounting tape to form the pocket for the beads and things that shake.  Also now there are lots and lots of dies to use for the openings...so much easier.

Above is a pic of shaker card with foam mounting tape for the pocket to hold all the shaker materials.  Still needs a saying but I will do that before I send it out.

Above is a pic of shaker before the top card with window plastic behind the opening is adhered.  You can see the foam tape forming the pocket to hold all the beads, and sequins that will shaker in the card.  Best tip I can give you is make sure all the foam tape strips are touching ... if there is any little spot that isn't touching the beads and such will spill out when the finished card shakes.  Another tip is remember to adhere window plastic (acetate) behind the front panel with the opening or again everything will shake out.  Ask me how I know ... LOL!  
Above is pic of shaker with clear envelope holding all the shaker materials.
I also wanted to show you, that you can use clear envelopes to hold all the beads, and such instead of making a pocket with foam tape.

However you make your shaker cards ... I'm sure they will give lots of pleasure to whoever receives it.

Look here to see vellum shakers, in this old post there is a video just showing the card when shaken, this post has video with tips for shakers, this post shows a shaker I made back in 2009!  You can see more of my shakers by typing shakers in the search bar on my blog.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon.












No comments: