My stamping adventures

Friday, January 7, 2022

Avocado dyed papers

 Avocado dyed papers

papers laid out to dry.
a bunch of papers, tags and envelopes that have dried.

I tried my hand at dying papers/tags/envelopes with avocado skins and pits. You would think they would come out brown but they don't ... they are more on the reddish side. 

The photos don't capture the true colors...trust me they are more red than brown.


 It is a bit of a time consuming process, because first you boil the skins/pits then simmer for an hour or so. After that you need to strain it into a container, then you place in all your papers in, and let them soak for a few hours.  Next you need to lay all the papers/tags out to dry.

you can dye just about anything...above are envelopes.
Here are papers and tags ... look close and you can see printed papers.

I learned this process watching videos at Treasure books on youtube.  Her name is Natalie and she has a lot of videos about dying papers and more.

Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.

4 comments:

Rachel Duong said...

This is awesome! Thank you for sharing. I can’t wait to try this.

stamping sue said...

Great! show us your papers when you try this technique.

NMWatt said...

So cool! Thanks for sharing this with me!

stamping sue said...

Anytime!