My stamping adventures

Friday, July 23, 2021

Rainy day shakers

 Rainy day shakers


stamps/dies used:  Catherine Pooler stamps/die set
I have been making shakers for years but the fairly new way to make shakers is with vellum.  Here I have two cards make with vellum and one a more traditional using foam mounting tape.  I also went out of my comfort zone by making a 5" x 7" and 4 1/4" x 6 1/2" size cards.  The reason being is because it was the way the vellum pieces I had sized out.  No problem, though, because I can make my own envelopes with my envelope maker to fit them.

basic vellum card instructions:
1.  lightly score the vellum on all four sides approximately 1/4". when done this will form pocket.
2.  tape three sides down to a white card but leave one open in order to fill with sequence and small no hole beads.
3. once filled adhere to folded card.

basic foam mounting tape card instructions:
1.  do all your stamping and die cutting first.
2.  with foam mounting tape create a well or pocket and fill with sequence and no hole beads.
3.  once filled adhere to another piece of cardstock or folded card itself.
You can see more of my shaker cards here with a video, see-thru shakers, mini shakers, 2009 shaker.  You can see more if you type shaker cards in the search box on my side bar.
Thank you for stopping by and come back soon.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies just satisfied customer***



No comments: