My stamping adventures

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Camellias

 

stamps used:  Altenew Camellia BAF stamp/die set

This is a big flower layering set but easy to match up all the layers.  The camellia and leaf both have a total of three layers, which make a beautiful flower.  You can use one or more flowers on a card.  I have no idea what color Camellias are in real life except maybe, white but as you can see I did grey, teal, and purple.  If anyone knows the true colors of Camellia please leave me a comment below.  I plan to play with this stamp set some more and who knows, maybe I'll get a little creative with heat embossing the outline layer.  How about leaving the outline layer off completely for a more soft effect ... who knows.
Thanks for stopping by.  Come back again soon and please feel free to leave me a comment. 

4 comments:

PCStamper said...

I did a search of Google images. Camellias are primarily light pink, hot pink, red, white, but I also saw purple and yellow. Also some mixtures of red and white and red and white striped like carnations. Some had yellow centers, but I think they were a different variety from the ones you have.

Bunny said...

Our Aunt had pink, pink and white with yellow centers and red camellias. The blooms don't last long at all. They are pretty when they open though. [Bunny]

stamping sue said...

Petti, wow! I didn't expect that they were so many color variations for these flowers. Thanks, I appreciate you looking it up for me. you know me ...kinda on the lazy side.

stamping sue said...

So many colors for this flower. Thanks.