My stamping adventures

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Tartan/plaid cards


stamps used:
Altenew  Tartan stamp set
sayings: various stamp companies













As you can see I couldn't stop playing with the Altenew Tartan stamp set.  I guess that means, I like to create plaids on my cards and with this set it is easy.  I watched videos from designer Nicole Watt, who is on their design team and she did some fun things that I cased.  

Basic instructions for plaid:
1.  stamp the lined background stamp in black or grey.  those are the colors I used.
2.  stamp the single larger solid square with a light color in two to four sections.
3.  stamp the smaller rectangle with another color.  if you look at my cards sometimes I kept to the same color scheme but others I did different colors.
4.  stamp the small square that has lines into some of the solid color squares using darker color.

Basic instructions for multi-color squares:
1.  stamp one of the solid square images with any color you heart desires.
2.  when stamping the squares, overlap so you get an extra pop of color.
3.  you can stamp the squares in any design.

Basic instructions for swirls:
1.  place one of the straight lines from the set and curve it on an acrylic block.
2.  stamp all over a card.
go to Altenew blog or you-tube channel to see lots of ideas.

Thanks for stopping by and come back again soon.
***not affiliated with any of the above companies, just a customer.*** 

















2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Nice plaids, Sue. I have some old wood mounted stamps for making plaids. Will have to dig them out.

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, yes, I like plaids and this stamp set is great. Last thing I bought before our stay at home times. look forward to seeing your plaids.