My stamping adventures

Monday, June 10, 2019

Art journal - Dina Wakley style

Here are some photos of my art journal after taking a class by Dina Wakley blog on June 1st.  I still have a lot to learn with painting these faces but I will keep trying.  I have been using old paints I had in my stash and they don't work exactly like Dina's paints we used in class.  I really need to get some of her paints because they just flowed and blended so nicely together.


left page - hand drawn face to emphasize highlights and shadows.  small face is a pic of the one Dina drew and the big one is the one I did really fast in class just to remember.
right side - face on tissue paper and glued into art journal.  painted in class with Dina's paints and stenciled around the face for fun.

me and Dina

left page - this face was on tissue paper then glued to art journal page.  painted at home with various paints in my stash.
right side - used scribble sticks and lots of water on canvas page.  will collage on it soon.

This is just the start ... more to come.
thanks for stopping by.  come back again soon.

2 comments:

PCStamper said...

Wow, Sue, I'm impressed. You're really growing as an artist. Also, very cute photo of you with Dina.

stamping sue said...

Hi Petti, you are so sweet. I still feel I need a lot more practice with the painting but I'm having fun with it. Dina is a fun lady and seems to enjoy taking pics with everyone.