My stamping adventures

Friday, September 21, 2018

Mixed media

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

All this week at Unity one of their designers named Jolande from the Netherlands has been visiting.  That means week long lives on facebook and even Instagram this time.  Jolande designs some wonderful mixed media style stamps to use for cards, tags and more.  I created these two cards using a couple of her techniques but I had to improvise with some of the products, naturally because I don't have them.  She is using this week products from Candece a company in the Netherlands that she brought with her so needless to say, I improvised with products I have here.  
I started with a TH gears stencil ... now she used a product that she kept saying had a sandy texture so I  got out some black acrylic paint and mixed in some chunky silver glitter I had on hand.  I took this mixture and dabbed it through my stencil with my finger, like she did so you would have more texture.  Next she used some kind of colored wax so I got out my clear texture paste and mixed in some gold re-inker.  This time you use a baby wipe to spread the mixture through the stencil.  Let this all dry or use a heat tool to dry.  After the black section is dry you are supposed to dab spots of white paint, well, I did this but for some reason after my white paint was dry ..... it turned purple!  guess it was a reaction to the silver glitter mixed in the black paint.  Oh well, I went with it as you will see in the pic.  Next step is to over stamp the card with images and heat emboss, so I did.  Then she distress her project with browns but with my purple showing through I didn't think that would work for me, so I used purple distress inks.  Last you stamp and cut out (I punched out) the saying and mount to card.  O.K. done!  what do you think?
thanks for stopping by.  come back soon.

No comments: