My stamping adventures

Monday, May 7, 2018

Impossible Dragon

Impossible Dragon card

 stamps used:  Unity stamp co.


I know I've said this before but it deserves repeating ..... this is a fun card!  and easier than you would think to create.  I read that it is called an Impossible card because it is a take of a magician's trick.  This works out to a regular A2 size card but it is not a folded card ..... it's a quarter of a sheet of cardstock which is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4".  The thing with my card is I added the dragon image that sticks up off the card a little so I will have to use a medium size envelope when I send it out in the mail.  Now for the cute baby dragons, I stamped him on a piece of white cardstock, then just blended different Distress inks over the stamped image.  After that I fussy cut him out and adhered to the center section of the card that stands up.  Oh yes, this card mails flat then when it is taken out of envelope the center piece automatically pops up.  You can see in my second photo there is a template that shows where you cut out the card.  The trick to this card .... the magic illusion is when you flip one of the bottom sections back on itself.    I think I first saw this idea at Dawn's stamping thoughts  but I'm sure if you go to you-tube and search Impossible card you will find lots of videos.

6 comments:

Dorothy Green said...

Thanks for sharing your template and the link to Dawn’s video. Another great card to try when my dragon arrives!!!😊

TAG Creations by T.German said...

These are so cute!!

Jeanne said...

Love this! So adorable!

stamping sue said...

you are welcome. I'm a bit obsessed with that dragon right now.

stamping sue said...

thanks

stamping sue said...

glad you like it