My stamping adventures

Friday, March 16, 2018

black ice technique

stamps used:  Unity stamp co.

 stamps used:  Penny Black stamps
There is a technique that is going around the web lately called "Black Ice".  I tried it and I'm still not sure if I like it or not but hey, had to try it.  hard to take photo with all the glare of metallic cardstock and shine from clear embossing but I did my best.
this is what I did:
1.  taped metallic silver/copper cardstock with repositional tape to my craft sheet.  this is just to hold the cardstock in place.
2.  did DTP (direct to paper tech.) with black archival ink on cardstock.
3.  stamp images with same black archival ink.
4.  allow to dry on its' own or with heat tool.
5.  DTP with versa mark ink over the stamped cardstock.
6.  sprinkle on clear embossing powder and heat set and done.

2 comments:

TAG Creations by T.German said...

I love the look of the card. Great job! I’m not sure I understand what you did, though, when you say “did Dtp with black archival ink on cardstock.” What did you do? Thanks.

stamping sue said...

DPT is a term- direct to paper.  basically you drag the ink pad onto the cardstock.  simple as that.  thank you for leaving comment on my blog.